Saturday, September 30, 2006

Do women have two sets of panties?
-George O'Malley, Grey's Anatomy

(watch last week's episode by clicking here.)

Why, yes George, we DO have two sets of panties. There's the set YOU get to see. All pretty and lacey. Barely there and quite enticing. They hug all the right places for YOU. They enhance the right places just for YOU. And we smile even when they're jammed in those special places because that seems to make YOU happy. These we happily display in the front of the panty drawer.

Then there's the other set. Oh George, honey, these HAVE no lace. Granny panties, if you will.

They're usually balled up and stuck behind the cutesy ones. The elastic is strong, powerful. The cotton is bulletproof and they're made to hold things in place. We usually wear these when the cramps have taken over our lives and we need something a bit more reliable than lace. They care nothing about enticing you...Making you hot. They're for function-not show. These can be comfortably pulled up to just below the bust line.

Don't laugh. They're comfortable that way.

They have no fancy names like "bikini" or "thong". They're just "panties". They make no excuses for the way they look. And they don't mind being put in the back of the drawer like a bald-headed stepchild 'cause they know that one day, we'll be reaching for them again.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Nik, You really crack me up! I love your view of life, and read your blog often. I don't remember how I found it, but I put you in my "favorites" and once in a while (like tonight) I find myself looking through them going, hmmm, wonder what Nik's up to. And I always laugh! Keep it up, girl!

:O)