Monday, December 11, 2006

I mostly knit this weekend. Surprise, surprise.

Well, on Saturday I put on my exercise gear in preparation for working out, but I just sat back down on the couch and knit. It still counts. I don't care what you say.

I didn't knit as much on Trellis as I wanted. This is where I am so far:



There's a back and a couple of fronts. Part of a sleeve is what you see on the needle. The baby shower is at 5pm on Saturday. I have until 4pm on Saturday.

I'd planned to have both front sides and both sleeves done by now, but I kept hitting the Knitting Wall. Hard. You know how it is...

-Knit, knit, knit, find a mistake.

-Swear. Use words you forgot you knew. Be impressed that you still "got it".

-Repent.

-Throw the knitting down.

-Take some time to cool down (which took anywhere from 1-24 hours).

-Then knit, knit, knit some more.

-Find another mistake.

-Throw knitting down.

-Walk around in circles, shake your head and think, "Why me, Lord?"

-Put the knitting away until you can stand to look at it again. You're pissed that it won't behave.

-Keep in mind that it's not you, it's the knitting.

Who took my Knitting Mojo? Stop joking around and give it back. Don't make me use my lightsabers.


At least I can say that I did some constructive t.v. watching, since much of it was documentaries. The Sundays of my life tend to be "educational t.v. watching day". I didn't plan it that way, it just sort of happened. Sunday is the most boring T.V. day of the week, so I keep myself entertained by "nerding out" and watching educational stuff. The History Channel, The Discovery Channel, National Geographics Channel, and Animal Planet have become my new favorites to watch on Sundays.

When I wasn't watching documentaries or swearing at my knitting, I was reading about knitting.

The bookmarker was yet ANOTHER gift from Andrea. See how she's spoiled me?

0 comments: