Monday, December 18, 2006

If it weren't for the last minute...

...Nothing would get done.

All of Trellis' pieces were completed by Thursday. I even sewed the fronts to the back, and finished knitting and attaching the collar that night.

The plan was to spend a quiet Friday evening sewing the side and arm seams, weaving in ends, and attaching buttons.

But that didn't happen. And I'm blaming it on her. She invited me to a Friday night party with some of her friends, and I had a REALLY good time. I love hanging out with women who simply love the fact that they are women. And who were not afraid to engage in the most uninhibited conversation that I've ever heard. They made me proud.

I was pooped by the time I got home from the shindig. Pooped in a good way. I walked into my apartment, looked at the partially exploded view of Trellis lying on the couch and thought, "I'll see you tomorrow, homey."

So the NEW AND IMPROVED PLAN was to wake up at 9am on Saturday and finish it by no later than noon. The baby shower was at 5pm, so I had plenty of time. Right?

What REALLY happened:

I woke up at 11am and realized that I STILL didn't have buttons. Went to JoAnn's and got buttons. Went to Big Lots for a hand held steamer because mine conked out on me AND my iron was spitting out this orange stuff that I DID NOT want to get on the sweater. Did some other stuff that kept me from getting home until around 2:45pm.

3:00pm-LIGHTLY steam blocked the pieces.

3:30pm-Start seaming the pieces and weaving in ends.

4:45pm-Started sewing on buttons.

The sweater was completed at exactly 5:13pm on Saturday. Needless to say, I was late. My picture of the sweater is crappy. The lighting wasn't that good so I had to use the flash-which washed out the color and the cable details. But you can see that I finished the sweater:

Click to Enlarge


Those are the mommy's hands holding the sweater.
It turned out beautifully. I even impressed myself.

Whew.

0 comments: