Tuesday, December 12, 2006

MORE Gifts from Korea

Washing dishes is a chore that I dread. Actually, I dread doing anything other than knitting and sleeping. Don't tell anyone I said that.

So imagine me in my kitchen happily frolicking (YES, I frolic) with the bubbles (courtesy of Dawn), not afraid of doing a little dish washing. And actually having a good time. A "dancing-on-the-bar-in-the-club-with-your-friends-having-the-time-of-my-life" kinda good time.

Ok, I exaggerated a little. It WAS pleasant, though. And all because of this little doohickey:



A handmade dishcloth. This was yet another gift in the package from Korea, sent by Andrea. It was created by the owner of one of the local yarn stores in her area. The card in the package stated that it was made especially for me, and I have no words to express how grateful I am. Especially since she didn't make just one. She made THREE doohickeys:



There will be kitchen frolicking all of the time at la casa de Nik.

On a related note:

I'm thinking that I want to knit "warshcloths" for some Christmas gifts. Pretty ones. Some with patterns fancier than a plain garter stitched cloth.

And I want to use mercerized cotton because the strands have the prettiest bit of bling. I know this type of cotton is supposed to be stronger than regular old cotton, but the strands of many brands of mercerized cotton look like they would get damaged a lot quicker. I'll have to shop around and see what I find.

I guess I could make one cloth and give it a test run in the shower. Wash my lovely lady lumps with it...send it through the washer and see if it will hold up in the laundry. I think it will be fine, though.

0 comments: