Friday, April 27, 2007

What Accident?

Contrary to what you may believe about how last weekend went, it really wasn't that bad. Sure, someone's car literally smashed my wall in...the wall to my KNITTING ROOM (oh, the agony). But the Saturday before THAT day was really rather nice. And it was because I got the chance to treat my Snookums to a jazz concert featuring the Branford Marsalis Quartet. He loves him some jazz, so I surprised him with the concert for his birthday. His birthday is actually May 4th, but since my people and Branford's people couldn't work it out so that he could perform a special concert for him on his birthday, I had to settle for the day he actually planned to be in town. Sure. I wish I had it like that.

Snookums didn't know where we were going until the day of the concert. All he knew was that he was supposed to show up at my house at 5:30pm sharp. It was held at the Kirby Theater in Roxboro, NC. The smiles on my man's face during that amazing 2-hour concert let me know that "I done good".

Oh, and here's a progress shot of the wall:



It's all spackled and ready for paint. I may be surprised with a completed job when I get home this evening. The outside of the building looks like there never was an accident.

1 comments:

sweetfigs said...

Wow, that was a fast repair. Is your bldg management always so good?

And an early Happy Birthday! to your snookums. Tickets to a BMQ show are a sweeeet present.

Get this, my guy just bought us tickets for Bodyworlds 2, and tried to tell me they were an anniversary gift. Yeah, right. Gazing at plasticized body parts was not romantic!