Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Nicole Winona Reeves.

I was told by my mother that I was named after "Nikki" from the soap opera, "The Young and the Restless". That takes care of my first name.

I believe that my father chose Winona. He was from Arkansas.

Enough said.

I wish that I'd known my father because I often hear stories about him being such a great man. Unfortunately, he died when I was three. I was told all my life that he died because of Meningitis. Although I found out a couple of months ago that my mother believed that his symptoms were similar to those seen in men who were exposed to the Agent Orange used during the Vietnam war. Yep, my Daddy fought in 'Nam.

I do have pictures of him though. The one I like the most is the one where he's sitting on a plastic covered 1970's couch, reaching his arms out in front of him with a grin on his face. I was told that it was because he was waiting for me to run into his arms. Only I'm not in the picture. I believe the story behind the picture is what I love the most. My aunt Lillie told me that story. He was her brother.

Heather you have won my little contest. Just e-mail me your info and the book will be on its way. Enjoy, hon.

1 comments:

gray la gran said...

(did you just hear the thunder?!) (yay!)
someday i might run a similar contest, so just file this little tidbit away ....
my middle name is christine. i was named after my mom's best girlfriend in the navy. christine got my mom in trouble by putting mom's soap dish in the showers just before an inspection. soon there after, they bonded, and became the best of friends. christine was also quite the party girl, but that's another story.
gotta love the stories ... right?!