Monday, July 23, 2007

A Lovely Weekend

Snookums took me to the beach in Wilmington, NC this weekend for a mini-vacation. It was the first time that we'd taken a trip together, and it was really lovely. I wish that we could have stayed longer.

We went to the aquarium on Sunday, and here are a few pictures of the creatures that I loved the most. All pictures enlarge.

While I was walking through the aquarium I thought, "If there was an emergency and folks were trapped in here, they could just eat the animals." I think that it was the fish (particularly the catfish) exhibit that brought that on.

I liked these fish because they kept moving toward the glass in unison when I approached. Almost like they were posing. They probably thought I had some food. (That's me in the skirt you see in the reflection on the glass.)



I was amazed at how close we were able to get to some of the animals. Especially this one:



This lobster was a couple of feet long! This would be the first tank I'd run to if I were stranded in the aquarium.



A couple of jellyfish pics. The humans were in the way in the first picture, so I couldn't get a close-up.





And my favorite picture of all:


Snookums


Actually, I can't decide if I like that one or this one better.

0 comments: