Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"POTTER"



I have been told that, when one partakes of the marijuana, their imagination tends to run wild.

I am inclined to believe that this is probably why the Harry Potter books are written so imaginatively. Rowling has been partaking.

Let's see: a wizard boy with a lightning bolt etched on his forehead whose fate in life is to try to rid the world of a bad wizard dude who looks like a snake.

Tell me that THAT wasn't reefer induced.

All jokes aside, that woman's got an amazing imagination. And I'm drawn to it like a moth to the flame from those joints she smokes while she's writing (Please note that I am joking. I know not whether she partakes. BUT IF SHE CAME OUT AND SAID THAT SHE DID, THAT WOULD EXPLAIN A LOT.). An imagination that kept me wanting to continue reading the books until the end. Y'all, I spent a great deal of my vacation sitting on the couch and reading years (books) 5 and 6. Somewhere around 1400 pages. That's a record for me. No author has EVER been able to get me to read that much in such a short period of time.

The story is definitely a great one. I am typically drawn to classic, well written "good vs. evil" stories, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I like it so much. I must admit that the thing that kept me reading the books was the fact that I wanted to know what the heck she was going to think of next.

I didn't begin my love for The Potter until the hooplah surrounding the release of the final book. I wanted to know what the big deal was, so I decided to read the first book a couple of months ago. I finished reading number 6 on Sunday afternoon. A co-worker was kind enough to let me borrow the last book.

Don't tell me how it ends.

0 comments: