Saturday, January 19, 2008

Rotation

Many, many years ago, I took my car to the mechanic to have something done to it. I really can't remember what it was, but I'm thinking that it probably was a simple oil change.

I went up to pay for the service, and the mechanic asked me if I wanted him to rotate my tires. I remember thinking, "Why do YOU need to rotate them? Don't they rotate on their own when I drive the car?"

Now, I didn't say that out loud because I kinda figured that what I was thinking had nothing to do with what he meant. So I just asked him, "What do you mean?"

That's when I learned about the need to reposition the tires for even tire wear.

THANK GOD THAT THE BRAIN-TO-MOUTH FILTER SWITCH WAS FLIPPED TO THE "ON" POSITION. If I would have said what I was thinking out loud, I'm sure that he and the guys would have had a good laugh when I left the shop. "Heh. Dumb broad."

These days, I'm not such a TOTAL girl about car stuff.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'm just about to sit down to work on the Funnel Cake sweater. We're supposed to get snow here in Raleigh, North Carolina.

We'll see. The local weather men will often predict snow...and we get nothing. You would think that with all those fancy schmancy radars that they'd be able to get it right. Or at least get somewhere in the neighborhood of "right".

I've been to the grocery store for food, which was COMPLETELY crowded with folks stocking up to prepare for being snowed in. Milk and bread-along with other staples-are usually the first to leave the shelves. Here, if we get the tiniest bit of snow, the city shuts down. I believe we're supposed to expect anywhere between 2-4 inches. A MAJOR snowstorm 'round these parts. A slight inconvenience in my hometown of Chicago.

Good knitting weather if you ask me.

0 comments: