Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Breaking the "Law"

That day I snuck that bag of white cheddar cheese popcorn into the movie theater, I was sure I was on my way to the big house.

I mean, there are signs EVERYWHERE telling you that you are not, under any circumstances, to bring "outside food" into the theater. One of the signs even said, in small print, "Even if it is leftovers from last night." I had to laugh at that one because I could just imagine someone using that line as justification, just as their food was snatched away.

I sat in the back of the movie theater watching "Enchanted" and eating my popcorn. Proud of myself that I only paid $1.50 for popcorn instead of $100 for the stuff they sell. I knew people knew that someone brought in outside food, even if they couldn't see me. Because the movie theater doesn't sell anything in a big ol' bag that makes that crunchy aluminum foil sound.

My next goal? To sneak in a Whopper. But the smell might rat me out and have me led out in cuffs by the rent-a-cops. I'm thinking that if I put the Whopper in a Tupperware container, THEN put it in my purse, that it will seal the smell...thereby allowing me to sneak it past the Pigs at the front door. I don't care about the smell once I get into the theater.

I'm such a rebel.

0 comments: