Wednesday, May 14, 2008

DONE



I had to rip the neck three times before I got one that didn't sag. There was just too much fabric, so I had to do a lot of decreases to get it to fit the way I like.

I like the seed stitch triangle at the bottom edge you see here:
Bottom Detail


Sleeve Detail


I didn't carry the cable up the sleeve because I just wanted to do some "vanilla" knitting for a change. Nothing fancy, just plain ol' reverse stockinette stitch. I did add the seed stitch triangle to the end of the sleeve, though.



I like the way the sweater fits. I wanted a slightly over-sized, raglan-sleeved sweater with a funnel neck...for cold winter nights and hot cocoa drinking. And that's what I got. Only these days, it's 80 degrees.

Not alpaca weather.

You can't see it, but my pits are quite moist from wearing all this darned alpaca in the warm weather.

For some reason, I had a difficult time with finishing this sweater. I had problems with my seams, and no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't get them to look as perfect as I wanted. But I still love the sweater.

0 comments: