Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Baby

Watching commercials for home pregnancy tests always sends my imagination into overdrive. I always think that if I were the producer of such commercials, that I'd have some "real" scenes in them. The commercials always treat the subject of pregnancy so delicately.

In one of my commercials, the scene opens in a bar where a guy uses the pick-up line "Hey baby...What are you doing for the rest of your life?"...The girl smiles...she is obviously impressed by his wit and manliness. She is particularly drawn to the chest hair summoning her from his unbuttoned shirt.

We then see the same guy pacing in his bedroom while we hear the delicate trickle of his girlfriend's pee behind the closed door of the connecting bathroom. Dude is sweating bullets because he hopes like hell that the digital display reads "Not Pregnant". He doesn't want any children and thinks that he's too sexy to be stuck with some kid.

The peeing stops. Toilet flushes. Some minutes pass, and the girlfriend slowly comes out of the bathroom. She shows him the display. He screams an angry, "Sh--!"(this part is bleeped out because this IS Network T.V. But we can tell what he said. I don't know about you, but I can lip read curse words.)

Then we hear a voice-over that says, "Hey dude, what are you doing for the rest of your life?", as the camera closes in on his stunned face.

End Scene.

I totally think people would like my commercial better.

0 comments: