Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Random Act of Kindness

One day Vanessa (of Stitch, Please) sent a message via ravelry to tell me that she liked the needle case I made that is listed on my projects page. So, I thought I'd make her one.





I used black microsuede for the needle pockets because I'd run low on the green fabric seen in the one on ravelry.

I had the most difficult time getting the edge straight on the flap. I ripped out the stitching many times before I got something close to straight. Then I realized that the line of stitching was crooked. I fear that if I try to rip the stitches out again, that I'd damage the fabric. So, I'm leaving it as is. I'm still a bit pleased with it, though.



This is the very first project made with my brand new sewing machine. Isn't it beautiful? I sold my old machine and used the money to buy this one. The automatic needle threader, "up/down" needle button, and start/stop button are amazing. The start/stop button allows me to sew without using the foot pedal.





The computer screen allows me to choose the stitch I want to use. When you choose a stitch, it tells you which presser foot to use with it. It came with almost every basic presser foot that I'll ever need-along with a walking foot (that alone costs lots of money) and special feet for quilting(should I ever want to quilt.) There's also an extension table for larger projects.



Don't I sound like a commercial?

Brother, where's my check? Can a sista get a free rolled-hem foot?

0 comments: