Monday, December 08, 2008

Persistence

*Scene takes place last night on my couch, while watching movies*

ME: Baby.

SNOOKUMS: Huh?

ME: Will you buy me some yarn?

SNOOKUMS: Depends on what kind of yarn it is...(He's smart enough to know that he should ask questions about the type first...before I bankrupt him.)

*minutes pass*

ME: Baby.

SNOOKUMS: Huh?

ME: Will you buy me some yarn? I'll need about 13-15 balls.

SNOOKUMS: *sigh accompanied by raised, "are you crazy", eyebrows*

ME: (I opened the Knitpicks catalog.) I want this yarn right here...(I showed him this. See, it's not much.) I want it in Emerald. Isn't it beautiful?

ME: Ooooh, let me show you what I want to make with it. When you see the sweater I want to make, you'll say "Oh my God, that's beautiful! I must buy you that yarn because I want you to make that beautiful sweater!

I went to my magazine rack and found the fall 2008 issue of Vogue knitting. Then I showed him this:



SNOOKUMS: Oh, that's interesting.

*silence*

ME: Baby? Can you buy me that yarn?

SNOOKUMS: Yeah.

ME: *BIG KOOL-AID SMILE*

0 comments: