Friday, December 10, 2010

I need this bowl in my life.

You are all going to be SO jealous of me when I show you what I'm about to show you.


I'll give you a minute to collect yourselves as you bask in the awesomeness that is my new yarn bowl. And because I like you, I'm going to share with you where I got it.

I bought it from Etsy from the good people here. They were awesome to work with, and I simply can't wait until it arrives. Take a look at some of the items they have for sale, as well as some of the bowls they've already sold. 

I love their interpretation of the yarn bowl. Most of those I've seen or purchased have a small hole or "j" cut in the bowl through which to thread the yarn while you're knitting.  This one has a lid with a swirl through which to thread the yarn.  The holes in the lid are for needle placement when you're taking a knitting break.  The holes fit needles up to size US 7.  The scroll designs and glazing make this bowl very pretty and feminine. 

 I'd previously told my BFF that her Christmas present from me is going to be a yarn bowl, and that she should search etsy for one she liked. Of course when she saw MY bowl she wanted one like it.  We originally thought that I got the last one.  However, after sending a message to the shop owners, she found that they had this beauty that wasn't listed yet: 


I don't know if I'm going to be able to part with this one when it arrives. Maybe I'll wait until a couple of days after it arrives to tell her that I've received it.

2 comments:

Sherman Unkefer said...

Nice yarn bowl, I hope I could get one of that for my mom, thanks for the post!

Enid said...

gorgeous