Sunday, January 23, 2011

I FINALLY Have My Very Own DNA Scarf!

Yarn: Patons Classic Wool, less than 2 skeins

Needles: Size US 8

Note: Since I used worsted weight yarn (instead of the suggested sport weight), I was able to get the final length by completing only 4 repeats of the DNA pattern (instead of the suggested 5).




Ah, DNA. It's the stuff that makes us who we are. And it's one bad-ass molecule.

If you've committed a crime and the police have a sample of it from the scene, you can just forget about saying that you weren't there. Because someone will go all CSI on your ass, and make your DNA rat you out.

It'll make a man tell the truth if his is found on a dress that doesn't belong to his wife. ("I did NOT have sexual relations with...wait, they found my DNA on one of her dresses...she didn't clean the damn dress after all this time?!!...DAMN...OK...Maybe I did.")

And I get to wear it around my neck.

June Oshiro is my hero. Thanks for taking the time to design this awesome scarf. Because SOMEBODY had to do it.

8 comments:

Aminat said...

Wow, that is so beautiful, I just learned how to knit few weeks ago, been using the TLC site for free classes. I am working on a scarf with just knitting stitches...Hopefully one day I will be able to make something this gorgeous. So lovely

Sus said...

This has been in my queue forever and it keeps getting bumped. Seeing how gorgeous yours is, I'm very irked at myself for putting it off. It's beautiful!

Vera said...

That's beautiful. I so need to make that someday.

Anonymous said...

I love that color! Gorgeous scarf.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Very nice !!! This is a scarf I've had in my que for years. You've inspired me.

judy said...

Hey, nice scarf! It's good when we can find the time to knit ourselves something!

fleegle said...

And if you knit some ribosomes, you can probably propagate that scarf forever :)

Do use silk and cashmere...might have to do a bit of gene splicing to change the sequence :)

fleegle said...

I will endeavor to keep you further informed :)