Monday, April 21, 2014

It Is Finished

Yarn: Rowan Pure Wool Worsted in Color 106, "Rust"
Just threw this one in because I like it.
I like this one too, so I'm forcing you to look at it.
In the last picture, my hand may look as if I'm practicing to be a game show hostess, but I'm trying to show you the drape of the sleeve.

The sweater is done, and I am so happy with it.  The color begged for it to be paired with gold jewelry, so I had to find the necklace in the picture.  I hardly ever wear this necklace.  It looks good with this sweater, so I'll wear it more now.

You know, I originally planned for this to be a turtleneck.  The turtleneck was supposed to be knit so that when you turned the neck down, you saw the mock cable pattern that borders the sleeve and hem.  However, I changed it to a scoop neck because I wanted to be able to wear it in the spring.  I was afraid that if I didn't, I'd pass out from "hot neck-itis" (I have this habit of turning anything into a disease/medical condition by adding "-itis" to the end.).

I'm in love with those sleeves, honey.  I wanted them to be much wider, but when I thought about the fact that too much fabric might get in the way, I toned it down a bit.  This yarn feels good next to my skin, which is great since I really didn't want to have to wear a tank or t-shirt underneath. 

It feels great to have this one done.  I truly thank Linda Pratt of Westminster Fibers for the yarn gift.

Now, on to the next design. 


Sheila said...

Beautiful sweater. Love it, the color, the cables, the style and it fits you perfectly. Also like that you opted out off the turtleneck detail. Lol @ hot neck-itis. With the neckline as is, you paired the perfect necklace with it.

Karine said...

I'm glad you called that second shot Jesus because I called it "Come at me Jesus" when I was scrolling down LOL. I think it a turtleneck would have been too much, this is final look is better.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

I love it ! That sweater is You, You, You ! Very nice and I'm really happy that it's not a turtleneck because I think the scoop neck is perfect. The necklace is very nice. Great job Nik !!!