Monday, May 02, 2016

Ninja

I finished this sweater months ago, but let me tell you one thing: Knitting this baby sweater for a friend's grandson was a lesson in teaching myself to use ninja-like focus when finishing projects. 



I was tired of having unfinished knitting lying around the house due to my "start-itis", so I had to put my foot down when it came to starting new projects: DON'T START A NEW ONE UNTIL THE PREVIOUS ONE IS FINISHED (unless it's absolutely necessary).

A groundbreaking idea, I know. 

I swear I wanted to take a better picture of the sweater.  I was even going to call Annie Liebovitz ("Liebo" to me, since we're such good friends and all.*) and have her take superstar pictures of my creation.  But before I knew it, I'd packed up the sweater before I got the chance to. Instead, you get this quick iPhone photo I took to show my friend: 
 

"Trellis" by Britta Stolfus Rueschhoff.  Knit in Cascade 220 Superwash, Color 821.

I was so proud to have finished that I wanted to mail it ASAP.  I also didn't want much more time to pass because this is a growing baby and I'd made the 6 month size.  I believe the child was 3 or 4 months old by the time I mailed it.

I've seen a picture of the baby wearing it, and he looks so cute!

My job here is done. 

*In my dreams.

2 comments:

Tamara Zamani said...

I know exactly what you mean. Took me 4 months to finish a sweater because I just couldn't bring myself to seam it.

Unknown said...

This like your other works is just gorgeous.